This post contains affiliate links. Kids Steals & Deals may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links. Thanks for your support!
It wouldn’t be Prime Day without rock bottom deals on Amazon Devices! Nearly every Amazon Device should be on sale, we don’t have pricing yet on most, but here’s a TON of info to help you decide! Take your time, make your picks, pop it in your cart and wait for a price drop (possibly as early as this week). Once the price drops, it is not going to go lower. In addition, I will post the Prime Day Device Deals in our Kids Steals & Deals Facebook Group when they go live. If you’re not a member, you can join here.
Echo Prime Day Deals
- Echo Show: $129.99 – The first Prime Day Deal for Echo devices has already loaded. This is the lowest price to date for the Show (by $20). There will be Alexa-only Prime Day Deals leading up to and on Prime Day. If you’re looking to grab a device on sale to take advantage, Show is a great option! Pick one up here!(Kids Steals & Deals Top Pick!)
- Echo Spot: Prime Day Deal Price $99.99 – Similar to show, but with a smaller monitor. Grab this deal here! (Lowest price to date).
- Echo (2nd Gen): Prime Day Deal Price – $69.99. This is the original Echo tower-shaped device. The Echo has a speaker that is optimized for music. Grab one here.
- Echo Plus: Prime Day Deal Price – $99.99. The difference between Echo and Echo Plus is that the Echo Plus has a built in hub to manage Smart Home functions. If you plan to use Alexa to control lights, security cameras, temperature and more, this is the best option for you when buying a new device. Many of the different systems require a hub and the hubs vary by brand. With the hub integrated, you cut down on unnecessary devices and cords. For more info, check out the Echo Plus here. (Kids Steals & Deals Top Pick!)
- Echo Spot: A smaller version of the Show with a small video monitor. Check it out on Amazon here.
- Echo Dot: Prime Day Deal Price – $29.99. Still has all of the functionality of the Echo, but it is not meant to be a music speaker. The music sounds fine for most and it can be connected to a speaker system like Sonos to stream music. Dots are great for kids that want an Alexa device or for bedrooms and areas away from a larger device. You do not need a Echo for the Dots to work, but they do all work together if you have one. We have one Echo and 4 Dots. You can pick up a Dot here. There is also a bundle deal that includes a smart plug for $10 more here!
- Echo Dot Kids: Prime Day Deal Price – $59.99. The only differences between Echo Dot and Echo Dot Kids are a case, a 2 year worry-free warranty and a year of Freetime Unlimited (Amazon’s kids content platform). If your child already has a Dot, you can “convert” it to a Dot Kids, simply by signing up for Freetime here. The device itself is exactly the same. For more info on Echo Dot Kids, check them out on Amazon here.
Kindle Prime Day Deals
The difference between Kindle and Kindle Fire is that Kindle devices are primarily e-readers while the Kindle Fire is a fully functional tablet. While it may seem that the Kindle Fire eliminates the need for a Kindle, that is not the case at all! For an avid reader, a Kindle is a must-have! This is especially true if you travel. Bringing along a couple books can add a couple pounds to your luggage. The Kindle is practically weightless. In addition, the no glare screen means that you can read in the sun! I can read my Kindle Paperwhite at the beach with sunglasses. LOVE it and couldn’t live without it!
On all of the Kindles, Prime Readers can choose from a wide variety of free books with Prime Reading or subscribe to Kindle Unlimited for a broader library of books. Through Prime Day, Prime Members can get a 4-month subscription to Kindle Unlimited for $0.99 here!
- Kindle: Prime Day Deal Price – $49.99. The most basic Kindle. Lower resolution and no built in light.
- Kindle Paperwhite: Prime Day Deal Price – $79.99. The Paperwhite has a higher resolution screen and built in light. It also has cellular access.
- Kindle Voyage: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. Similar to Paperwhite in resolution but with adaptive lighting and more advance page turning capabilities.
- Kindle Oasis: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. The Cadillac of Kindles. The Oasis features a larger screen, more memory, more advanced adaptive lighting, waterproof casing and features Audible (with a paid Subscription). The larger screen makes it popular with those who struggle with small print.
- Kindle for Kids: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. Give your kids distraction-free reading. Without a ton of apps and video temptations, you can be sure they are getting their reading done. Also great for avid readers and kids that travel frequently!
Kindle Fire Prime Day Deals
Kindle Fire is Amazon’s line tablets. For the price, I believe they offer the best performance budget tablets. An iPad, however, it is not. The key differences between and iPad and Kindle Fire is speed and responsiveness. iPads, however start at 5X the price of the most basic Kindle, so to have the expectation that they will offer similar performance is a bit unfair. Historically, Prime Day has offered the best pricing on Kindle Fire devices.
- Kindle Fire 7: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. Amazon’s most basic tablet. Perfect for apps and surfing around. Memory is expandable to 256 GB. Without a memory card, it won’t hold much content, so I recommend grabbing one here.
- Kindle Fire 8: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. Of the Fire Tablets, I feel the Kindle Fire 8 offers the best value. For $30 more you pick up double the memory, a bigger screen, longer battery life, HD resolution and stereo sound. (Kids Steals & Deals Top Pick!)
- Kindle Fire 10: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD. The Kindle Fire 10 is the largest and fastest of the trio. For me, a 10″ screen is a bit much, but if you are mostly viewing movies, you will appreciate the 4K resolution and faster processing. I also feel the price differential from the 8 ($70) is a bit steep, but I’m also not sure you will find another tablet that matches spec for spec for the same price.
Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire Kids
Similar to Echo for Kids, the primary difference between Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire Kids is a case, a 2 year-worry free guarantee and a free year of Freetime. Because the Kids version starts at 16 GB, at retail there a is $30 difference between the kids and regular Fires. At that price differential, to me, springing for the kids is a no-brainer. An annual Freetime membership alone is $36. The case is $24.99 and a Square Trade Warranty is $14.99. Additionally, I highly recommend upgrading to the Kindle Fire 8 for Kids. It’s a nice balance of price vs performance.
- Kindle Fire 7 Kids: Prime Day Deal Price – 69.99. Amazon’s most basic tablet. Perfect for apps and surfing around. Memory is expandable to 256 GB. Without a memory card, it won’t hold much content, so I recommend grabbing one here.
- Kindle Fire 8 Kids: Prime Day Deal Price – 89.99. Of the Fire Tablets, I feel the Kindle Fire 8 offers the best value. For $30 more you pick up double the memory, a bigger screen, longer battery life, HD resolution and stereo sound. (Kids Steals & Deals Top Pick!)
- Kindle Fire 10 Kids: Prime Day Deal Price – TBD.
Fire TV and Fire Stick Deals
- Fire Stick: Prime Day Deal Price – $19.99. Best price offered to date. Get one here.
- Fire TV Cube: Prime Day Deal Price – $89.99
Don’t miss any Prime Day deals! Join our private Facebook Group Kids Steals and Deals to stay up to date on all the best deals!